Friday, November 7, 2008
Prop 8 is still ahead, but not offically passed.
I'm honestly kinda scared. Prop 8 has passed, at least that's what the experts are saying. This is the second time that California voters have voted on this issue. The voters have spoken, but that's not good enough for the gay activists. Now they are filing a law suit and "taking all measures" to make sure they get their "rights." They are boycoting the businesses that have donated to the Yes on Prop 8 cause. (Target) With a quick web search you can find the individuals who have donated. On one website it give name, phone, address, employer, how much they donated, and the date of the donation. (This is way too much information.) This makes most who donated easy targets. Some activists are even going as far as threatening members of the church as well as church buildings. These are the people who are asking for tollerance and equality. This is a quote I found off of an article on the world net daily website. I LOVE IT!! "Liberty Counsel's Barber said, "This is not free speech; these are 'hate crimes' under the existing definition. Imagine if Christian websites were advocating such violence against homosexuals. There'd be outrage, and rightfully so. It'd be national front-page news. Federal authorities should immediately investigate these threats and prosecute the perpetrators to the fullest extent of the law." I'm so sick of the double standard these people expect us to live. They beg for the very peace that they are taking away from Yes on Prop 8 supporters. People have their own agency, and that's why we are all here on this earth. I know that they'll get what's coming to them, but I worry all the time about going out now. I'm scared someone will see me dressed modestly and know that I'm a member of the church. I'm scared that I will be without Erik and someone will slash my tires, leaving me stranded. I know I can't live in fear, but when they make threats like this, "Be afraid. Be very afraid. We are everywhere." I can't help but be scared. I just hope the courts will actually be on our side this time. We've spoken twice. LET IT GO!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amen! It's such a two sided world. It's sad when the majority is forced to look like the minority!! I feel good because I know that I did what was right!!!
ReplyDeleteI have a feeling this won't end until they get what they want. They aren't going to give up that easily.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm scared too - I took all our Prop 8 stuff down but I didn't know our information was going to be listed publicy when we donated. I hope they take it down now that there's been so many threats.
I have just been looking at all of the protestors in front of the temple and its so sad. All I know is that the church is true and we have always been persecuted for our beliefs. It must be so crazy for you to live in Cali right now! We miss you guys.
ReplyDeleteI love this post, Amanda. It really shows the last days are coming. I'm actually reading a book that's about the last days. It's called "The Final Hour" by Jessica Draper. It's the 3rd book of a 3 book series. The first book, "The Seventh Seal" touches on this subject of banning of same sex marriage in California, and how the church gets harrassed by homosexuals. It's exactly what's happening right now. One of the main subjects of the books is about how badly the church begins to get harrassed, and that's what we can see these days. These books are very interesting and portray the last days very realistically. I highly recommend reading them!
ReplyDelete-Silviaa