This is Lake Tahoe. It's hard to see, but it's there.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
14 and a half Hour Road Trip
Hunter and I took a road trip to surprise our families. We decided a day before we left that we were going to go. Erik had a bunch of midterm tests and we weren't going to be seeing him much anyway so we left for Utah. I had to talk to my dad about a few things so he knew we were coming, which ended up being a good thing. I called him as I was leaving and he wanted me to call or text him every hour so that he could keep tabs on how we were doing. I got to Sacramento with out a problem, but somehow I missed the turn off for I-80 and didn't realize it. I realized that we were in the wrong place 30 miles later when I ended up in Placerville. I could have just turned around, but after talking to my dad I just kept going and ended up in South Lake Tahoe. Hunter was asleep, but I enjoyed the view. This detour ended up costing me about 3 hours of precious time on the road. All ended up just fine, and we arrived safe and sound. 11:30 that night we pulled up to my parents house and surprised everyone. The next day we went and surprised Erik's parents. Here are just a few pictures from our trip.
This is Lake Tahoe. It's hard to see, but it's there.


Here is Hunter in Wendover. Almost home!

This is Lake Tahoe. It's hard to see, but it's there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How sweet! That's awesome to just get up and go somewhere! I wish we could do that. I had no idea you were living in CA. When did you move there? That's so great! Great pictures, BTW. I've never been to Lake Tahoe, so it's nice to see pictures of it!
ReplyDelete